« Home | Church Dress: An Act of Worship or Just an Act? » | Chapel at SWBTS Havard Campus » | 13 More Days! » | Jim Hamilton on the Gospel of Judas » | Daniel Akin on Divine Sovereignty and Human Respon... » | New Alethia Ministries Interview with Bro. Jerry J... » | Sermon: A Model for God-Centered Ministry » | Wayne Grudem on the Filling of the Holy Spirit » | Texas A&M 66, Syracuse 58! » | A Testimony of Expiation »

Hymn # 289--The Baptist Hymnal (1991)

My Lord, I Did Not Choose You
Words: Josiah Conder, 1789-1855
Music: Anonymous
Tune: WHITFIELD

(First verse)

My Lord, I did not choose You, For that could never be;

My heart would still refuse You, Had You not chosen me.

You took the sin that stained me, You cleansed me, made me new;

Of old You have ordained me, That I should live in You.

(Second Verse)

Unless Your grace had called me And taught my op-'ning mind,

The world would have enthralled me, To heav'n-ly glories blind.

My heart knows none above You; For Your rich grace I thirst.

I know that if I love You, You must have loved me first.


PS--If anyone is familiar with this tune, I'd love to hear it.

Travis, there some of the old hymnals up at the church... I can play through it for you... I don't know it, but we can look at it.

Post a Comment