« Home | R.C. Sproul on the Da Vinci Code » | Together For the Gospel Roundtable Discussion » | Swimming in Mercy to the Finish Line » | Expositional Listening? » | Hymn # 289--The Baptist Hymnal (1991) » | Church Dress: An Act of Worship or Just an Act? » | Chapel at SWBTS Havard Campus » | 13 More Days! » | Jim Hamilton on the Gospel of Judas » | Daniel Akin on Divine Sovereignty and Human Respon... »

Passion and Gifting in the Preaching Ministry

I was touched by all of the messages at the Together for the Gospel Conference. I particularly enjoyed C.J. Mahaney's message "Watch your Life and Doctrine." I enjoyed it for many reasons, but I want to share with you the most prominent one. My friend Jason Williams, pastor of New Beginnings Baptist Church in Dayton, Texas was in attendance. Jason is a wonderful pastor and an especially good preacher. His passion in the pulpit is worth modeling and his love for his people is genuine.

Jason is finishing up his undergraduate degree currently and has no plans to attend seminary. Often times he jokes with me about being his "master" and such. I wanted to point out a blog by Mark Dever comparing C.J. to the great Baptist preacher, John Bunyan. When I read it, I thought of my friend Jason. God has used him in many ways, most evidently in his gifting to preach the gospel. He is a "tinker" who can touch the hearts of those who hear his words. Continue to preach with passion, creativity and ferver, my brother!

If you would like to know more about Jason, visit his blog here, or his church website here.